Full-time contract, European or North American time zone
obodo is a digital product studio based in the UK and our remote team of Researchers and Designers facilitate and launch our client MMP/MVP requirements in startups, scale-ups and established businesses alike. These are fast paced projects which are scoped out against a work diary designed & validated by industry design veterans and ourselves - with a successful client track record to match!
We are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join our team where you will be responsible for running multiple projects to drive the future of our client products.
What we can offer you
- 100% remote and flexible work environment.
- Genuine variety of clients - in 2020/21 alone we’ve covered health, education, automation and aerospace!
- Bullet proof project and design sprint planning with an established work diary we’ve had vetted by external product designers and creative veterans.
- You will be challenged and grow - we build products, not cookie cutter banners and pop-ups!
- Dedicated team from our side to help with any project queries as well as Ops support for any back-end questions you have.
- Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from across eCommerce, aerospace and tech within our team can advise, mentor and help you develop as a designer going ahead.
What we expect
- Project manage up to 4 design projects in progress.
- Raise issues with the Head of Design where required.
- Deliver fantastic client experiences.
- Establish short-term outputs / tasks and follow ups.
- Help manage demand from our sales team and assign Obodo’s start-up specialists through a pipeline of work.
- Create clear product delivery plans with project milestones with the product team.
- Manage any change in priorities and update tasks and plans accordingly.
- Monitor progress and share regular updates in regular client and team discussions and reports.
- Oversee daily operations, set targets, implement guidelines, and assist with any challenges the team may have.
- Assist in mentoring fellow designers and researchers and facilitate training.
- Flawless planning and logistics management of human centered workshops.
- Facilitation - From time to time you will be required to help facilitate sessions, it is useful if you are familiar and comfortable facilitating client-facing engagements and workshops.
- Management of meetings and timeline of our design projects.
We’re only at the beginning of our journey and have some big ideas. If you read this and think you could be a good match, please apply now. We’d love to hear from you!
Fluent in oral and written English is a must have for this role.
⚠️ No agencies, recruiters or outsourcing companies.
👉 Apply now 👈
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
The Obodo team ⚡️